Benefits of our Structural Health Monitoring System (SHMS) for you and your business
By knowing what is occurring within and to a building, or what has happened, the living and operating environment of a community is significantly enhanced.
- The use of objective numbers as a decision-making aid
- Clarity around the best courses of action following a seismic event
- The certainty that everyone is “singing off the same hymn sheet” in structures’ health.
Removal of Fear and Uncertainty
- Real-time information leading to informed ‘next steps’
- The elimination of guesswork
- ‘What you measure, you can manage’.
Better Ways of Protecting Life and Business
- Improved emergency management planning and execution
- Improved buildings and other infrastructure
- Improved communication and outcomes within and across shared stakeholder interests.
A key consequence of monitoring and measuring a building’s frequency is it allows engineers and building owners to ‘surgically repair and modify’ a structure to make it safer and more resilient to seismic events.
It is only through acquiring and understanding a building’s individual reaction to seismic activity that improvements can be made to its performance during such an event.
The Seismic Data Sensor set:
- SDS units with multi-processors and multi-axis measurements to the United States Geological Survey (USGS) standards
- 3G/4G wireless communications layer
- Enterprise-class data monitoring with a rules engine and risk-scored alerting
- Cloud-based data management and storage with detailed analytics reporting via the GSDHQ web portal
- Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) backup
- Implementation, configuration and system support
- Quick to implement and affordably priced.
The data allows critical insights and informed decisions to be made by measuring what actually happens during a seismic event. The resulting improvements and changes made as a result of such decisions can also be monitored – allowing a virtuous cycle of enhancement and advancement to cope with seismic activity. This data is stored in the cloud for its stakeholders and is available in real time.
Key Points of the Structural Health Monitoring System (SHMS)
- SHMS provides valuable data and information on the movement and behaviour of buildings and infrastructure
- A system that is low cost, low maintenance
- The system is a cost-effective solution that satisfies the most demanding applications
- System timing accuracy to 0.1 milliseconds with synchronised sampling
- Event and threshold alerting capability for any level of an event
- The system has auto diagnostic functions can be controlled remotely
- Sensor units have been calibrated and certified by independent and impartial testing agencies for accuracy
- Wireless and Ethernet capabilities
- Mobile apps – IOS and Android.
Contact Us for more information or arrange a presentation of our seismic sensors