Building Seismic Insights
Monitoring of building movement & behaviour for any level of seismic event
Global Seismic Data of New Zealand is a Wellington-based big data Analytics Company with a low cost, Cloud service offering that continuously monitors and logs building movement & behaviour resulting from any level of seismic event with near to real-time alerting.
GSD NZ Limited’s mission is to shape a visible, high quality, sustainable and rich data insights environment. This provides government, state and local authorities, property owners, engineering companies and the insurance industry with a more valid risk matrix.
This new environment has become a game changer, Global Seismic Data’s “Building Seismic Insights” solutions are an even more essential tool than ever before: more information, specific to your building signature, movement & behaviour establishes certainty and reduces risk. Demonstrate to your insurer a credible risk reduction strategy and negotiate premiums based on certainty, not a distant re-insurer’s assumption.
According to GNS Science we have over 15,000 earthquakes in New Zealand. Historic trends and records dating from the 1840s show that, on average, New Zealand can expect several magnitude 6 earthquakes every year, one magnitude 7 every 10 years, and a magnitude 8 every century. Below is a graphic illustration of significant quakes over the past 8 years.
Global Seismic Data NZ Limited Solution Set:
- Seismic Data Sensor (SDS) sensory units with multi-processor capability and multi-axis measurement to United States Geological Survey (USGS) standards.
- 3G/4G wireless communications layer.
- Enterprise-class data monitoring with rules engine and risk-scored alerting.
- Cloud-based data management and storage with detailed analytics reporting via the GSDHQ web portal.
- Implementation, configuration and system support.
- Quick to implement and affordably priced.
With Global Seismic Data NZ Limited you can:
- Through our rapid building usability assessment, we can increase the quantity of assessable data from a much wider footprint, and with significantly less cost, than legacy systems permit.
- Get accurate and accumulating data on building movement and behaviour from seismic activity, 24/7.
- Enable faster, more reliable engineering assessments of structural damage potential or occupant safety risk.
- Demonstrate that reasonable steps were taken with discharge of duty on Health & Safety at Work Act 2015 (HSWA) compliance.
- Provide evidence for more favourable insurance premiums and quicker processing of claims.
- Facilitate rapid occupancy decisions with our near to real time alerting.
- Have a fully deductible cost effective OPEX solution enabling strategic decision making regarding occupancy.
Read what the engineers told us they were looking for and frustrated by
Cost effective solution
Accurate information is one of the most valuable commodities in a post-earthquake decision making. Global Seismic Data NZ Limited has a fully customisable and cost effective fully deductible OPEX solution for you.